This document was last updated on 8 August 2014
1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMSTravelers Trust is committed to the most vigorous protection of your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing www.TravelersTrust.com, you acknowledge and fully understand Travelers Trust's Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE ITTravelers Trust collects certain information from and about its customers. Visitors to our website can register to purchase services. When you register, we will request some personal information such as your name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number and other relevant information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased or to pay your eligible insurance claims. If you purchase by convenience store, this information may be forwarded to our convenience store payment processor(s). For other types of registrations, we will ask for the relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide services that are tailored to your personal needs, to provide quality customer service, or to supply online technical support.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary, including:
- ・To fulfill your requests for services, or
- ・To respond to legal process or comply with law, or
- ・In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company, or
- ・In connection with processing an insurance claim.
By accessing this site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the browser, the OS used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on the Travelers Trust servers. These will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for website traffic analysis.
3. SECURITYTravelers Trust will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To ensure that on-line transactions are protected, Travelers Trust uses advanced encryption technology through the use of 128-bit Secure Socket Layer, which is utilized by most popular browsers. This technology allows Travelers Trust to use advanced encryption tools to protect all important customer information transmitted between the outside source and the internal server. Travelers Trust treats credit card- and other personal information with the highest standards of confidentiality and safety. In the unlikely event of a breach in security, there is no risk to you. In the event of credit card fraud, the Plan Administator will reimburse the customer the applicable funds allowed.
4. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENTTravelers Trust has the discretion to occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will also revise the "updated" date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of our service(s) constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement and any updates.
5. CONTACTING USIf you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please Contact Us.
Travelers Trust will make every reasonable effort to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.
Consequential loss or loss of coverage periodTravelers Trust is in no way responsible for any consequential loss or loss of coverage period due to incomplete or failed transactions as a result of failure of equipment; such as servers, internet connections, the inability of the applicant to make proper use of this system, etc. Any insurance coverage purchased by credit/debit card is subject to validation and acceptance of charges by the card-issuing company.
Commencement of InsuranceTravelers Trust is in no way responsible for any consequential loss or loss of coverage period due to delays in processing of Applications and Payments. While we will strive to accommodate a client's request for insurance to start on a certain date, there are too many factors involved for us to guarantee the insurance effective date. In any event, the finalized effective date will be the date which appears on the completed insurance certificate.
Reapplying for InsuranceYour insurance will not renew automatically on the termination date of your insurance policy. While we may elect to send an email notification advising that your insurance will soon be expiring, we can in no way guarantee that you will receive such emails or that our system would be 100% free of technical errors. It is advised that you mark your certificate dates on a schedule book or calendar and to not solely rely on our emails.
Give yourself plenty of timeIn order to avoid being without insurance coverage, please apply (or reapply as the case may be) within plenty of time. We will make every effort to accommodate your requested certificate dates but please understand that we are dependent upon third parties such as email, internet services, payment processors, etc. To be safe, please order early!